I've been waiting for something. I got a fake one when I was in the hospital and then after we got home there was the hint of it. There were a few half ones a couple times and once I think there was a real one but when I turned my head to look it disappeared. Then I got a real one but wasn't quick enough with the camera and it didn't come back for many days. Until today...wait for it...wait for it...
"You are not funny mom."
"Maybe a little bit funny."
"OK You're hilarious!"
A smile to me is the recognition of my existence to my child. The silent thank you for the endless sleepless nights, the constant embarrassment of having to gracefully attempt to pull up my shirt in public places to nurse, the endless washing of clothes, and my personal favorite, the throwing up everything I just fed you and then crying because you're hungry. Oh...it is all worth it for the smile. Now back to the laundry...

No comments:
Post a Comment