Tuesday, February 23, 2010

celebrity

So a couple days ago I mentioned something to Ben about my lingering jelly belly. He of course told me that I look great for just having a baby and I should stop reading celebrity websites. Which got me thinking about celebrity motherhood and all the perks that go along with it. Oh how nice it would be to wake up and have someone bring you the baby to nurse and then catch another 2 hours of sleep. All the while there is a wonderful woman downstairs doing creative arts and crafts with your toddler, all in spanish of course. Then you get up and get ready in the quiet of your personal spa. Finally you head downstairs and open the front door to receive your personal meal plan for the day, all delicious AND healthy. After eating and playing with the kids for a few minutes your trainer arrives for a workout that isn't even hard but somehow targets all the areas that you need help with and make your boobs look perky. Then you decide what you want to do for the day as your assistant arrives to bring you a selection of dresses for your date with your fabulous husband to the best restaurant in the city. I should stop here because this is starting to sound too good.
I really consider myself blessed because I have two parents who take my kids whenever I need them and allow me to go to small group every week and even a date night every month. I do love my life even with all it's chaos and I'm glad that even though I have to endure all the poopy diapers and 3 year old tantrums, I never miss out on the unexpected coos and cuddles and hilarious Ava ramblings. This is a season of long days and short years and I don't want to miss a minute of it.
Regardless, I'm giving up celebrity websites for lent...seriously. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment