Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vacation


I don't know if it's because it's the middle of March or because I'm sick of making foods that require mashed potatoes to be the appropriate accompaniment but I have had vacationing on my mind lately. So I've decided to take a look back at a few of my favorite trips with my favorite person. Because I met Ben when we were still 19 I hadn't really gone anywhere before us. I am actually really glad that he is a part of all my best adventures. And I think the memories are going to have to sustain me for quite a while.

Top 10 vacations:

#10 ~ THE CARRIBEAN

Sad that this is the worst, but because I was pregnant and there was a mild hurricane it ranks at the bottom. We had a great time visiting the local zoo and Ben made up some fun games at the resort.




#9 NIAGRA FALLS



#8 YOSEMITE ~ This was my first real hiking experience and my first experience being attacked by squirrels who wanted my lunch.



#7 NEW YORK CITY ~ loved central park, shopping and restaurants



#6 SWITZERLAND ~ Beautiful but a little touristy

#5 BANFF CANANDA ~ Gorgeous open spaces and unreal landscapes. We had an amazing b&b and were able to go up to a glacier.



#4 MEXICO ~ Infinity pools, the best tacos, guacamole, and apple pastry with cajeta sauce, exploring old churches, cheap room service, and the sunsets...

We both look a little tipsy in this picture! :)


#3 FRANCE ~ Paris was fun but exploring southern france in a tiny car with the best tour guide (thanks Amy) was amazing!

castle in Carcassone

#2 HAWAII ~ There are too many good memories here but the best one's include dinner at Brown's Beach House, picking passion fruit from the tree outside our jungle hut, snorkeling, seeing real lava, and the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.
Drumroll...

#1 ~ LEVANTO ITALY ~ Pesto, gelato, outdoor markets, old ruins, cheap scooters, house wine, opera in the palazzo, fireworks, beaches, the people, dancing, unreliable trains, and the language. This place is the DEFINITION of romance.





And now back to reality, the rain, and the pot roast in the crock pot...



No comments:

Post a Comment