Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

So my feelings on Valentine's day are rather mixed. I love holidays (even made up one's)! Any excuse to get gifts and have a little romance on a weekday is always good in my book. But I'm usually not a sucker for bad (ok really bad) movies and cheap (insert bad candy/stuffed animal) gifts. I would rather spend money on a yummy dinner and get Ben something he really wants (like bike parts or a Fedor calendar. ) However this year we were on a little more of a budget, not to mention time constraints with me nursing. So we had to settle for bad chinese food from Safeway and a 6pm showing of Avatar. Wow that seems even more pathetic once I've written it down. Anyway, Avatar was pretty ridiculous for a variety of reasons. I will summarize:

1. It's pretty much just the story of Dances With Wolves. (bow and arrows...really?) Except the Indians are 10 feet tall and blue.
2. Could the characters have been any more one-sided. I was ok with the main guy but everyone else was like a cartoon. "Let's kill these bastards so I can get home in time for dinner!" Does anyone actually utter these phrases?
3. It basically felt like he was making a response to Bush and the Iraq war but he was about 5 years late.
4. Don't even get me started on Sigourney Weaver's avatar wearing jean short cutoffs and a mini Stanford tank top...

I was pretty much laughing the entire time at how stupid the dialogue was. I did enjoy the forest scenes at night. It was very creative.

Anyway, there's my rant on the movie. Ben and I had a very enjoyable time just being together and wearing 3d glasses and snuggling. And Ava enjoyed making cookies with her friend John and wishing everyone a Happy Balentine's Day! Here's some photos of the little cuties!



No comments:

Post a Comment