Monday, July 25, 2011

Vancouver highlights part 1

So actually getting up to Vancouver went very smoothly. Aside from the occasional disasters of batteries running out of dvd players and Tinkerbell's wings getting caught between the car seats, we did very well. Once we finally arrived at our hotel we were so happy to get out of the car that we probably would have been impressed by a motel 6. However, we were surprised to find that the river rock casino was a four star resort of a hotel. Ben and I immediately put on our robes, called for childcare, and watched the real housewives of atlanta for six straight hours. Oh, I'm sorry I think I left my body for a moment there. We actually went to our room, stared at the wall for about ten seconds, and then gave in to the half naked mini people shouting, "pool! pool! pool!"
Bathing beauties
Stanley Park ~ I guess this is why people go to Vancouver. It is this huge park with beaches, aquariums, pools, trains, tourist traps of all shapes and sizes, and an amazing playground.
As the sign says, Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge. This was amazing and terrifying. You're just so high up and people bounce and shake the bridge. I tried not to look down or picture my children falling to their death.
Ava showed her cousins the ropes of Northwest hiking, tree climbing, and slug investigating. They soaked it all up.
I finally succeeded in getting them all to sit still for a picture. I may or may not have been holding up five suckers and threatening to throw them over the bridge if they did not cooperate.

2 comments:

  1. So.freakin'.adorable.

    And I totally went to the suspension bridge when I was in high school. We were on a choir tour. I very love bridges like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed all of the summer adventure posts. The cousin pictures are adorable. I can't believe that I get to see you in just a week.

    ReplyDelete