Sunday, July 3, 2011

More Recap, Family Adventures and tomorrow's Monday

Hello July! This summer is flying by. Tomorrow we're headed to my parents to celebrate the fourth 'small town' style and hopefully Ian will hang in there for some late night fireworks. I've made my obligatory flag cake and consumed nearly half of it. We've taken advantage of some gorgeous weather to trek up the columbia river and hike a few waterfall trails. And we're slowly getting the house ready for family visits part four. It has been full but good. This is the first summer we've stayed put...ever, and I'm loving the gardening and the summer cooking and the sleeping in and just enjoying the beauty that is Oregon in the summer.
We had a great time visiting with Tia while she was here and can't believe how much we managed to fit in during her 10 day visit. Here are the highlights:

We started with a picnic at our favorite park downtown where a nice man made the kids balloon art. I'm calling it art because seriously, when Ava asked him to make her Ariel and he agreed, I thought he was joking. It was a sad affair however, when she woke up each morning and whimpered to me that Ariel's bra was shrinking and she'd lost another fin. I love how Ian's spider man is over 6 feet long. We could barely fit it in the car.
Then we moved on to Oaks Park. During the winter they have a preschool skate and during the summer it's all rides for $6. I love, love, love this. Ian was finally big enough to go on the rides and he even went on the roller coaster. At the end they have milk and cookies with chipper the chipmunk, and the cutest dance party you've ever seen. I had to drag Ian off the dance floor as he was signing more to chipper.
Family race!
Us girls love the Lavender Blue Tea House. It's becoming quite the tradition before fun events.

Like going to see Mary Poppins!
Posing by the waterfall. Could she be any cuter?!
Lots of family hikes
These are the cliffs where scenes from Twilight were filmed. We all did a re-enactment of our favorite scenes. My dad was Edward and my mom was Bella. Unfortunately I did not get any of this recorded.... :)
Post wipeout.
My sexy husband rescuing Ian at another water park
We wore that boy out every day
Visiting the air and space museum which has a new waterpark. Unfortunately I was too busy trying to prevent Ava from drowning herself in the pool to take any pictures.
Finally we celebrated Tia's birthday. Only my sister would request cupcakes like these for her party. It was my first endeaver from the Hello! Cupcake cookbook and actually kind of fun.
We love Tia! Thanks for more family memories.

1 comment:

  1. Shoot! I missed another visit from your sister. We're going to be in Canby tomorrow too...maybe we will see you! I'd love to see Bea and Ian interact now that they're walking.

    ReplyDelete