Unfortunately his head size is also in the 95th percentile, which explains his tendency to fall every time he walks on an uneven surface. His current favorite foods are chinese noodles, frozen peas, scrambled eggs, and pasta. Other than that he just doesn't really like the whole eating process. If he had his way he would have an 8 ounce bottle every half an hour and call it good. Unfortunately the doctor scared me into at least cutting out half of his milk intake by calling milk, "the unknown poison." or maybe it was the "silent poison." I only remember the very serious look on her face and my glaring looks at Ben to hide the diaper bag as there were three bottles poking out the top.
Anyway, Ian is the sweetest boy ever and insists on waiving hello AND goodbye to every stranger we encounter. He is such a little snuggle puppy and when I lay him down at night he makes kissing noises continually until I close the door. Oh, it gets me every time.
He is a boy of few words but seems to communicate just fine. I've had to wait a long time for him to say Mama, which he just started doing two weeks ago, but it was worth it. He yells, "Dadeeeeee!" and then he cocks his said to the side, smiles coyly, and in this very soft voice says, "MaMa."
He is obsessed with books and music and has started throwing very convincing tantrums until he gets his way. I have to sing to him if I want to get his diaper changed, get him dressed, get him into his carseat, get him to eat... you get the picture. Kids CD's in the car are the only way we get from point A to point B without a screamfest.
Ok, maybe that part isn't so great but he is my love, love, love and he is so fun to watch as he grabs his rake and follows Daddy out into the garden to "work." Or as he sits in his little chair and reads to himself or backs his little butt into your lap to be close to you. I am one smitten Mama with this little boy and can't even conceive of having another one, lest he doesn't feel like the center of my world that he is. Ian James Theodore Hsieh lights up my days, even the hard one's when my clothes are soaked with his drool and he follows me everywhere like a little puppy.

No comments:
Post a Comment