Sunday, May 2, 2010

Operation chubby



So Ian and I have had a rough go of it these last couple of weeks. We found out at his doctor's appointment that he was underweight and only in the fourth percentile. I actually was starting to see his ribs. So I started feeding him more and it was just frustrating for both of us. I never had milk problems with Ava and the girl was a buddah. This is her at four months.
.
Most feedings with Ian have ended in one or both of us crying. So we've started adding formula to his diet. Part of me feels sad that I can't provide enough milk for him and at how much it's going to cost but I think we're close to a good balance and it's nice to know he's getting what he needs. So during this process I started taking mother's milk tea and this herbal supplement called Fenugreek. I read that it makes your milk taste like maple syrup but it actually makes me smell like maple syrup. Well you can only imagine Ben's comments to this new change , not to mention Ava constantly telling me, "Mama you smell like cooookies!" And the people who try on the clothes after me at Nordstrom Rack are probably going to be a little confused as to why they're suddenly craving pancakes. But it seems to be working, although I have to take 14 huge pills a day. I think he's getting bigger and that's really all that matters. I suppose I should be thankful that I have options and that my new medicine doesn't make me smell like mashed potatoes, because that would just be weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment