Saturday, February 9, 2013

milestones

Miss A. finally lost baby tooth number one yesterday.  I cannot believe how long it takes for those teeny teeth to finally fall out.  It started with an accidentally bathtub incident which knocked the tooth a little loose and caused a bit of hysteria.
Followed by a month of tongue pushing
 photo IMAG0040_zpsc74e75f5.jpg
and a month of, "it's definitely coming out now mama!"
 photo P1301550_zps2f89c34b.jpg
But it turns out that yesterday was the day and one bite of her glow bracelet was all it took to convince that tooth to vacate the premises.
 photo avatooth_zpsa17f8bf6.jpg
A word of warning to the pre-tooth loss mamas out there.  Do not go to google and type in tooth fairy the night your child has lost her tooth and is sound asleep in bed.  There is a world people.  A world I didn't even know existed.  This is probably because I stubbornly have refused to join Pinterest, because those women are flying to crazy town and I would be the first to buy a one way ticket.  I toned it down to a golden one dollar coin, a new Barbie toothbrush, and a tiny note from Ember Rose Sprinklestar.  This might sound like, as usual, I've overdone it.  But I'm telling you I might as well have told her the toothfairy was fake and left a rock under her pillow compared to the options.    
 photo P2081611_zpsbc499779.jpg
Here's my girls new smile.  It's pretty cute if I do say so myself.  She informed me today that she wanted to be the toothfairy when she grew up because, "her castle's probably MADE of money."  That's my girl. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. She's growing too fast!! Now she & Miriam have matching mouths. :)

    And I too am avoiding Pinterest like the plague - am even more scared of it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.boy. I can't believe I missed seeing her new look at church this morning. I also love the way her mind works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noticed her 'pose' in the third picture. Knee up and inward, weight shifted, and heel up. The Lawson pose...is it in our genes? So cute!
    Sent them valentine cards today...hope them make it in time.

    ReplyDelete