Tuesday, December 11, 2012

celebrating

This is the first year in a long time that we've been in one place all the way up to Christmas day.  (Our flight does leave at 7am so we're cutting it close.)  But it's the first time we can see advent all the way through.  I really wanted to find some easy ways for us to celebrate together as a family without adding a long to do list to an already busy time.  Since Thanksgiving I've been keeping a list of some fun things and the night before we just try and decide what seems easiest for that day.  I know it's shocking but I have a teeny tiny tendency to overdo things and get overwhelmed.  
Advent day 7:  Today we'll read books about the animals that were there when Jesus was born and create some treats for the animal friends in our yard.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Advent Day 8:  Today we'll have boys and girls time.  Ava and Mommy will have tea with Grandma and Ian will have a special Daddy date.  (notice her pinky up...she also informed me that we can make fart jokes in the car but as soon as we get there we need to act like ladies...just FYI)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ava with her friend Genevieve
Photobucket
Advent Day 9:  Jesus is the light of the world!  Today we'll make luminaries to remind us of the true light that God sent to us.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Advent day 10:  Today we'll make gingerbread houses with our friends and maybe eat a few sweet treats!
Photobucket
Advent Day 11:  It's window cling day!  You can take your stickers and put them on any window in the house.
Photobucket
Photobucket
So far the pace has been relaxed and the smallest Hsieh's are beyond excited about all the twinkly festivities.  

1 comment:

  1. You might need to publish a book on celebrating Advent ideas. Seriously. I know I'm taking notes!

    Also, do you leave Christmas morning? Does that mean you might be at Hope Fellowship's Christmas Eve service? If they are having one, we are hopefully going with my mom!

    ReplyDelete