Saturday, December 15, 2012

Advent-ures 12, 13, 14...:)

We're still rolling through the rainy December days and finding bits of grace and joy amidst the madness.  It was a rough week for mama with all the tragedy unfolding and I just keep repeating Come Lord Jesus Come in the quiet places of my heart.  I ache for the mama's who hid in dressing rooms with their babies at the very mall I take weekly trips to.  And I ache for the families who lost their babies while they were out running Christmas errands.  This is the very darkness that Jesus entered into in the most unexpected way.  Advent means, "the coming that is awaited."  And as we walk through this season I wait for the celebration of what He has already done and also for the clarity and future joy of the redeeming of this world.  It is only with His daily presence that I can bear it.
"Come thou long expected Jesus, born to set thy people free.  From our fears and sins release us.  Let us find our rest in thee..."

Advent day 12:  Put on your warm coats!  We're taking an fantasy Christmas walk at Wenzel Farms.  (This place is some cheesy, wacky fun y'all.)
Photobucket
warming up by the fire
Photobucket
Ian loved the bouncy bridge
Photobucket
little houses just their size
Photobucket
And a rockin snow machine!
Photobucket
Advent day 13:  It's game night!  Let's pop some popcorn (which we forgot to do) and pull out our favorite games.  This is our current favorite.
Photobucket
It was also time to eat their gingerbread house.  (Anne made these from scratch and they were a thousand times better than a box version.  I'm still sneaking pieces when the kids aren't looking.)
Photobucket
Advent day 14:  It's Christmas ornament day!  Let's put on the Christmas music, invite our friends over and make a gigantic mess some ornaments.  (we just poured paint in the clear glass ball ones and they turned out really cute.)
The hot chocolate was the really winner with the kiddos
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The ninjas say goodbye to our guests
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment