for the spectacular.
Our first time to Crater Lake and we promised to all keep our eyes closed until we got to the top.
This photo tells us many things. First that the trail is .7 miles. Second that you will have to climb that almost mile at a near vertical pace and third the sun will be blazing down on you.
We all had to take turns to get little whiny up the hill. In his defense, it was very hot, he was still on Disneyland time, and he had to battle his two-ness on a minute by minute basis.
I fell in love with this tiny Dr. Seuss flower. I named her Puffalaloopy. She promised to come and visit when the temperature got below -40.
Finally to the top! 180 degrees of beauty-full.
Me and my baby
One adventure loving Yeh Yeh
Beauty sprawled in the crevice
One last shot before heading home

This is so fun! I haven't been there since I was little, and have been wanting to take Patrick for so long. One of these days we'll drive up to Oregon & stop on the way there or back.
ReplyDeleteI want a Puffalaloopy!
ReplyDelete