Well I think last we left off we were busy trying to keep the kiddos from desecrating a bay area cemetary. Unfortunately, two short days later two out of five were vomiting throughout a vietnam memorial park, due to too much excitement following too much spaghetti. So I guess we haven't made very much progress. But we have added to our memory bank and the kids are loving and fighting and hugging and swimming their way through California.
But before we talk about this cuteness,
I have to show some photos of Grandma's big 100 year extravaganza. We had multiple banquets and it was so neat to see how loved she was and how many people came out to celebrate. In between speeches and cake we fit in a lot of swimming, a little bit of shopping and four meals at In and Out.
Here's our little fish in action.
One
Two
Three!!!!
I have to plug this little restaurant in Hayward called the City Bistro. This food shot is for Jenni. I'm always looking out for my fellow foodies. This was the best sandwich I've ever had. The club with apple cranberry compote and maple butter sweet potato fries. Crazy good. Someday I will go back. I might even rent a car on my own so I can drive back up just for the fries. They haunt my dreams. Ok, I'll stop talking about fries and get back to the cuteness.Look how cute he is. Such a yummy guy with avocado and cranberry mayonaise dripping out the sides. Just kidding.
Ok, here's the real reason we're at this post. The guest of honor on her big day. She actually played piano for the service. I was in awe.
Ian gave her a present and then stayed around so he could open it and probably take it away from her. Luckily she discreetly put it in her purse. Then she asked the person next to her who the little boy was. I guess he doesn't make a very memorable impression.
Party favors for everyone!
Love this photo of the three of them. The fresh faces next the the worn hands and wrinkled brow is just so beautiful. I hope this face is what they will both remember when they think of Great Grandma Hsieh.

There has just GOT to be some kind of contest (Disney or otherwise) that you can enter that first photo into. TOOOOOOOO cute!
ReplyDelete