Ava: That my friend John is coming over for lunch!
Ava: (in tone so whiny only dogs can hear) But I don't want to go to bed! I want to stay up and play some more!
Ben: Ava, it's time for bed. Let's go.
Grandpa: Come on Dad! There's got to be some room for negotiation.
Ben: We do not negotiate with terrorists.
Ava: Mommy, I think the Holy Spirit is talking to me.
Me: (Beaming that my spiritually in tune daughter is listening and responding to God's voice) What do you think He's telling you honey?
Ava: I'm pretty sure He just said that He's hungry.
I'm telling you, if it weren't for all the whining, pooping, drooling, children who require our constant attention and energy around here, it would be nothing but laughs.

Oh my gosh, I nearly spit water out at my computer screen as I read this.
ReplyDeleteDying!! Highlight of the morning.
ReplyDelete