Spring is here and it's time to celebrate the world's greatest grandma (a title she happens to hold with another grandchild spoiling woman, otherwise known as Nai Nai.) I just like to call her world's greatest and most stupendous mom, but sometimes that gets a little long or embarrassing when I call her at work, so most of the time it's just Mom. Luckily for us, Mom likes her some BBQ so we got to celebrate at Famous Dave's. A rowdy good time was had by all, but most of all Ian, who celebrated Grandma's birthday by eating corn on the cob, in a way that only drooling babies who like to rub their hands into their hair while they're eating can. It was not a pretty sight.
Then we came home for some cake and ice cream. And after two straight years of lemon cheesecake Mom decided to change things up with a request for banana cake.
She wanted the recipe exactly as her grandmother used to make it, which unfortunately did not come with any directions. However, after much research it seems that everyone's grandma used to make this cake so all was saved in the world of homemade dessert merriment. It was yummy with a capital y. Moist and sweet and the perfect accompaniment to marshmallow frosting and homemade salted caramel ice cream. Mmmmmmmmmm....salted caramel ice cream. Sorry, I'll be right back after a quick trip to the freezer. While I'm gone you can stare into the eyes of my beautiful child snarfing his banana cake in under 3 minutes.
Who me?
And thanks to the wonderful world of the interwebs we got to celebrate with Tia. A mixed blessing, since, seriously how much fun can it be to watch your whole family eat cake and ice cream without you. I suppose the only thing worse would be all of us celebrating her birthday and eating the cake and ice cream. I promise we will never do that to you.
In conclusion I would like to say that I love my Mama and she deserves a medal for raising a wild haired, tree sap licking, candy crazed kid like me. Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment