I was lucky enough to have Kirstin with me last week before she had to head back to school. Oh how I wish she lived with us full time. It is just so nice to have an extra pair of arms and legs around the house. She would entertain the kids while I made dinner and every outing was a million times easier. Even just having her grab the diaper bag in the car, so I don't have to throw it and hope it lands at the right angle so everything won't tip out, made my day happier. I could run errands by myself at a moment's notice and Ben and I even managed to escape one night after putting Ian down. If only there could be two of me. I think I would be a better wife and mama. Isn't there a movie about that? I'm guessing it didn't turn out well.
Anyway, here's a few of my favorite shots from the children's museum:
"Don't eat the tire chips Ian."
"Ian, Mommy said not to eat the tire chips."
"Uh, Mom. I'm confused. Why did you put me in a giant pit full of bite sized tire chips again?"
"Finally, something I can figure out."
This is the giant lite-brite. I really wished I could sit there by myself and pretend I was 8 and making a flower in my bedroom.
Ava especially loved the pet hospital. It was awesome. On a side note, I don't think children's museums existed when I was a kid. Maybe if they did I wouldn't have had to spend so much time alone in my room with a lite-brite.
Heading home with two happy campers!(ok, they were actually crabby and exhausted but we bribed them with french fries apples all the way home.)

No comments:
Post a Comment