Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby turns one and goes to the doctor


Seriously mom, stop taking naked pictures of me

Poor unsuspecting Ian had to visit the doctor this week. Not only is he battling a terrible cold and flaming diaper rash but now he has four sore spots on his legs to contend with. I felt so bad I almost went in his room when he started crying in the middle of the night. And I never...never do that. Luckily it only lasted about 5 seconds or he would have broken my will.
Anyway, like always, his stats are what I expected.
90th percentile head size
90th percentile length
40th percentile weight

This boy is long and skinny and no wonder he can't walk. How in the world is he supposed to balance a bowling ball on his shoulders and make his legs work at the same time? I do intend to get some video up of his new spiderman crawl. I really think he has pioneered a few new methods. The doctor doesn't seem at all concerned about his lack of interest in walking or his desire to point and grunt instead of use actual words. And neither am I. He can do no wrong in my book. Except poop in the tub...that's just gross.

He is SO different from his big sister at this age.
She was a rolly polly, peek-a-boo'ing, so-bigging, animal sound making, talking, walking stinker.
Don't believe me?
I have proof.
Stinker

Guess who decided to redecorate the apartment with feminine products?

Can we get you anymore cheese puffs princess Ava?
This feels like a lifetime ago.
Tonight she told me that I should pray to God if I don't want her to grow anymore. I think I might be causing some damage. But that's technically my job right? She is a lovely girl...still a stinker but lovely.
Sorry Ian, this post was supposed to be about you. You are my baby. My sweet sweet boy and I'll give you a complex too. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment