Monday, May 6, 2013

yin and yang

I keep coming back to this photo of Willa and Ian and I'm telling you I cannot stop smiling every time I look at it.
 photo P3312216_zps22e71ca5.jpg
These two munchkins have been causing trouble together since I was still in the early stages of the two babies mama fog.  I can hardly believe that they are now big enough to ring each others doorbells and plan their own playdates.  I'm not sure I've seen two more polar opposites tie up a friendship so beautifully. Where Ian is cautious, Willa is bold.  Where Ian requires that I put his seatbelt on in every grocery store, Willa has her picture up at Costco with the label, Warning, Extreme Seatjumper!   And while all mamas involved have discussed the many future scenarios where these two could end up in the principals office, we cannot help but admire the fierce loyalty of their friendship.  It definitely required a trip through the archives...
Getting into Ava's hairthings
 photo P4182702_zps8eb85467.jpg
Sharing french fries
 photo P4232846_zps13ab861b.jpg
snacks on the couch
 photo PB206211_zps7aee76c1.jpg
not paying attention in gymnastic class
 photo P9125576_zpsd2d0433f.jpg
getting their brave on for a trip down the "big slide"
 photo P8290054_zps94a61538.jpg
Birthday party buddies
 photo P2101636_zps726db369.jpg
We both have hats!
 photo PC010819.jpg
Singing, swinging, and snacking
 photo P4290233_zps86a10429.jpg
I can leave them alone for twenty minutes and never know what I will find
A:  washing Barbies in the toilet?
B:  putting on jammies for a little princess and superhero play?
C:  Taking off all our clothes to "practice potty"?
D:  all of the above
 photo P4290236_zpseef85e0d.jpg
They are definitely in my prayers but I can't wait to see where their adventures take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment