Ava has a very special relationship with her Gigi. Every couple of weeks they exchange letters with little tidbits about the going-ons in their lives. Every once in awhile Gigi includes a dollar with her letters which excites Ava to no end. But the most special part of their correspondence is the artwork. With each letter they send a drawing. Now Gigi is a watercolor artist and has done some amazing work throughout her life. She's traveled all over the world with her paints and captures her vantage point beautifully. When Ava gets a letter in the mail I cannot even describe her face. "What do you think Gigi drew?" She says it in an almost whisper voice on the edge.
Yesterday Ava asked to do some painting so we got out the easel and she painted some flowers. "I think it's too big to send to Gigi, " she said sadly. We took a picture to send instead.
She's also decided that her signature on each painting will be a handprint. I think it's genius. So thank you to Gigi for being an inspiration to my little girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment