Thursday, May 24, 2012

love letter part 1

Dear Ian,
Oh, my sweet little pookie.  I forgive you for casually ripping up the beautiful present I had just wrapped for your dear cousin Elia, using the last shred of wrapping paper that we had in the house.  And I forgive you for then using the adult scissors to cut up the twelve hand curled ribbons into a hundred tiny pieces.  Your pile was very organized.  And I had no idea that you knew had to use scissors so well.  It must have taken a great deal of hand-eye coordination.  Thank you for not cutting up the beautiful tulip dress that was inside.  And for not cutting your hair.  And for not cutting your chubby wubby fingers off.  Not necessarily in that order, ok, maybe a teeny-tiny bit in that order.  I promise that this incident had nothing to do with me running over your radio flyer tricycle this week.  For that we'll blame Ava.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment