Saturday, August 13, 2011

Girls Weekend

I'm still breathing deep from my time away. It's amazing how easy it is to adapt to a day of no schedules, beach air, and three hour meals. It was pure indulgence at every turn. From waking up at any hour to leisurely coffee shop mornings, to hours on the sand reading, spontaneous sandal shopping, and conversation laden four course dinners. But despite all of the tangible stuff, there was such joy in processing what God is doing in my heart. I came back feeling a little clearer about how desperately I want to see Him at work in me and my family. I don't know exactly what that looks like but it feels good to seek His purposes and have a renewed desire to see Him in everything. I am so so thankful for the opportunity to step back and for the fresh energy I've been given. Below are some of the highlights from the trip, minus the very interesting massage experience I had which I'm still processing. :)

Eyeing the doughnuts at the farmer's market
Shopping for the essentials
Slow mornings
My new favorite Jenni pic
Hat adventures
Gorgeous girls
Exercise?
In & Out Burger joy
Garett's prize sea bass
Giddy
Garden paradise dinner
Cozy breakfast nook
I'm pretty sure this is going to have to become a yearly tradition because every now and then Mama just needs a little time to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment