Thursday, May 26, 2011

P.O.P. club

I couldn't resist posting these pictures of our first trip to our farmer's market this year. Ava signed up for the kids club which gets her $5 a week in tokens to buy fruits & veggies, a bag, and a pedometer to log her steps. Seriously, the cuteness was almost unbearable. She was so proud to have her little bag of tokens.
Her first purchase was some rhubarb and she got a bargain at 1 pound for 2 tokens!
I think I took video at each vendor because watching her pick her produce, find her purse, and make the purchase while physically beaming was so cute. I was one proud mama of my little shopper.
She then chose some carrots and some lettuce to plant in the garden.
She even got to make a "greenhouse" out of an egg carton, and plant some beans.
I can't wait to go back each week, especially when the fruit comes in to see what else she chooses. Ian, on the other hand, was not pleased that all of his toddler efforts to destroy vendor displays were foiled.
Luckily for us, toddlers are easily distracted by pretty pink displays of fruity goodness.
My little girl is getting so big(I would be tearing up if she wasn't currently sneaking out of her room and faking a cough, so I'll make her some tea at 10:30 at night :)) and I love to watch her grow in her independence and her confidence.

2 comments:

  1. I love her. And the fact that her bag is as big as she is. And I love your boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we are SO going now. Consider yourself a promoter. You should get extra tokens for this.

    ReplyDelete