There is currently a tear rolling down my cheek as I mourn the end of Mother's Day. Of course it probably helped that Ava threw a mega tantrum at the end of a birthday party the day before. After carrying her out kicking and screaming while hitting me in the face with a balloon, in front of a group of mom's who homeschool their kids, have no tvs, make their own birthday gifts while pregnant with their 10th child and only allow waldorf inspired toys in their homes. I was definitely ready for a mom boost.
I think Ben was aware of the empty mom bank and kicked the celebration into high gear. He got up with the kids, left early to get breakfast from Panera, brought me breakfast in bed with handmade and very sweet and hilarious cards, and then got them all ready while I took a long shower. We had a lovely time at church and then celebrated with my mom at a french restaurant. An hour long wait meant we had to get very creative with the kiddos.
The food was delicious but the best part was I didn't even have to sit by the kids. I got to enjoy my tea and conversation and enjoy these amazing chocolate croissants. I'm definitely going to have to go back just for these.
Then Ben took the kids home and mom and I spent the afternoon shopping. It is just such a good feeling to know that the day is yours and your off duty from mom responsibilities. And most of all I am reminded how blessed I am to have an incredible mom who is now one of my closest friends, and two amazing kids who although challenge me in every possible way, also bring me the greatest joy in my life. All this and a husband who now has all the responsibility of helping my children celebrate and articulate their love for mama on this special day. Someday he'll be off the hook (but I'll still be hoping for breakfast in bed when it's just the two of us again. :))
As if all this wasn't enough, I received these beautiful flowers on my doorstep from Ben's parents. So even though Mother's Day is over I get to enjoy being celebrated a little bit longer with the beauty of these amazing lilies, and the comfort of knowing that Daddy will be escorting Ava to all future birthday parties.

No comments:
Post a Comment