Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yuck!


You wouldn't think strep throat could cause such havoc on your body, but after 3 days spent quarantined in "the guest room of death" I'm pretty sure I would rather go through childbirth again. Eventually I made Ben take me to the ER because I knew I was dehydrated and couldn't keep any liquids down. After an iv drip, a giant shot of penicillin in my butt and about 20 hours of sleep I finally recovered.
I do want to say that after you are rendered useless for a while you really start to appreciate the capabilities of those around you. I was so thankful for Ben who took a few days off of work. Which meant he stayed up until 11 writing lesson plans, left at 6 to get the sub started, came home, took care of both kids from breakfast till bedtime, and everything in between. Then my parents watched the kids at a moments notice so Ben could spend 6 hours with me at the hospital. And just as I was recovering, my neighbor Anne shows up at the door with hot soup and it was the first thing I kept down in 4 days. Sometimes I feel like I have to do it all, but then when you can't it's nice to know that there are people in your life who love you and will take care of you, even if you haven't showered and smell like throwup.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I saw that you'd been sick - didn't imagine it would put you in the hospital!! So glad you're better!

    ReplyDelete