Today I woke up with the gentle nudging of the spirit. None of my circumstances had changed. I still had more presents to buy and everyone needed my constant attention. The house was a mess, we were late for church, had to pick someone up on the way, and I had to be in the nursery. But I felt the gentle reminder of where my peace truly comes from and I was thankful. Then we got to church and I was so filled with community and warmth and time in the word. I felt overwhelmed in a completely different way. This song especially spoke to me today because I am thirsty and weak and I needed to come to the fountain and receive life. Thankfully God is patient as I'm an especially slow learner.
All who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of his mercy
As deep cries out to deep
Come Lord Jesus Come

Thank you. I needed this today. Love you.
ReplyDelete