Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

So I want to give a shout out to Ben to let him know that he really is the best Dad and partner that I ever could have hoped for. First of all he hugs me at least 10 times every single day. After being together (mostly) for 13 years he still hugs me all the time. Even when I nag him and even when I've had 5 hours of sleep and have mascara lines stuck to my cheek. It doesn't matter to him. He is unendingly faithful to me and Ava and Ian and really takes care of us. He makes me laugh every single day and constantly surprises me with who he is. I see so many marriages falling apart and I am so thankful that God has built our marriage up and helps me to see Ben through His eyes. I would 100% choose Ben again, without question, every single time. His energy, passion, consistency, ridiculousness (seriously, at this VERY moment, he is digging a three foot hole in our yard to plant a vineyard, seriously...), warmth, smile, humor, ADD, embrace, intelligence, adventurousness, calm, spontaneity, and those broad tan shoulders...every single time it would be him. So happy father's day to you B!




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me smile all over!!

    I told Patrick a few months ago that marriage seems like the club that you spend your whole life longing to get into, but when you finally do, it seems like most of the people in the club are trying to get out of it.

    So I love to see people who still are wholeheartedly enjoying 'the club' and who are still living all the reasons why they joined in the first place. Hurray for the Hsiehs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww warm fuzzies! Great Job! Now I feel like I have to post about Scott...ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Wyatt praying in that last picture??

    ReplyDelete