Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crossroads

Tomorrow is a big day for our family. For the past two months we've heard rumors of budget deficits and job cuts and it's finally coming down to a vote tomorrow. There was a lottery and Ben didn't get a great number but close to the middle so it could be worse. I've had a pretty significant peace about it, which a wise soul reminded me was a gift I should be thankful for. I figure the worst that could happen would be selling the house and having to move all our acquired belongings into a pod. I'm pretty much just thankful that we're all healthy and getting along on most days. Ben also has an interview tomorrow for an instructional coordinator job in the district. They posted it internally on Thursday and he applied that night and got an interview Friday. We drove by the school and it's beautiful and even closer than his current school. This would be the perfect job for him because he's been ready for a change and it would be a good transition into becoming a principal. (As a side note he just cut his hair and put on his Varvatos suit and whew!, I would hire him and then take him right there in my office...uh hi Dad!) Anyway, it's not everyday that you either get fired or promoted so for those of you who believe in the power of prayer, tomorrow would be a good day to give a shout out for the Hsiehs. Did that sound kind of blasphemous? Maybe, tomorrow would be a good day to lift our concerns up to the Lord. There, that sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment