Tuesday, March 30, 2010

News of the weird

Yesterday my dad called around noon to say that a tree had fallen on their house and sadly on his car in the driveway. I say sadly because his 1984 toyota supra is his baby. He has lovingly restored this car over the last 20 years and apparently he had plans to pass it on to Ava when she turned 16. I thought the news warranted a trip over to their house to check out the damage so I packed two extremely tired babies into the car and we headed over. I had no idea that it would look as crazy as it did. The giant oak tree literally snapped off at the base! There were no roots sticking out and when you looked at my parents house all you could see was tree. When my mom called from work and I explained the situation to her she asked if she would be able to park in the garage when she got home. I told her that she was not grasping what had happened and she would not even see her garage for a few days. The front left side of the roof folded down against the house and it took 4 men with chainsaws 4 hours to clear about a quarter of the branches. We are very thankful that even though Dad was home, no one was hurt and especially thankful that we weren't over visiting for the day because that's where we usually park. Here's some photos of the event:








2 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a pain for your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO crazy. I can't believe this happened to their house!

    ReplyDelete