Monday, March 8, 2010

little miss smarty pants

On Saturday we went to Costco to get some pullups after making the fatal error of thinking she could go one night without one when we realized that we were out at 8pm on Friday night. Cut to me washing two sheets, one comforter, one mattress pad, one mattress protector, one princess nightgown, one pair of princess underwear, two security blankets and approximately 10 stuffed animals, all at 4 in the morning. Apparently this girl pees standing up while flying in a circle. Anyway.....back to the story. We decide to eat dinner there even though I had stuff to make dinner at home and we're trying to save money by not eating out. We sit down to eat (the cafe's outside) at 5:45 pm and Ben says that we should order an ice cream bar before they close at 6. Then he says that maybe he should check to see if costco is closing. I tell him that I am CERTAIN that the store's open until 8 on Saturdays so he lets it go and we finish eating. We get up to go inside at 6:05 and the doors were closed. Needless to say, after the previous nights adventures I was exhausted and generally pissed off at myself. Here's the general conversation that followed:

Me: I am so stupid! Why didn't I just let you check? How can I be such an idiot!
Ava: Mama God is mad at you.
Me: Why?
Ava: Because you are not treating yourself nice and God thinks you are beautiful.

Now when did my three year old get better theology than me?

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Ava. She is so smart, we all knew that. And now we know she's also wise (flying circle peeing excluded). This post made me miss you guys. We also unexpectedly had dinner at Costco last weekend. I'm amazed that we can eat for $7 so I never feel too bad about it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete