Sunday, February 9, 2014

house arrest

Well its more of the same around these parts.  Our world is a one-inch white blanket of snow.  Time has lost any real meaning.  There are whispers of school being cancelled again tomorrow, or not if the rain washes it all away in time.  Either way I'm just hoping I remember how to do regular things like put on makeup and navigate my way through a grocery store.  The wee babes have pioneered like snow days are their Olympic destiny.   
Let's just admit that this is what I've looked like for some 75 odd hours.  Mmmm-kay.  If the non-washing-dressing-shaving snowstorm streak continues Ben is in for a treat of a Valentine's Day.
Ian:  Mommy, my teacher Alicia said that she left her coffee in her car overnight and it froze!
Me:  Cool!
Ian:  Yeah, lets put a bunch of coffee outside tonight and see what happens.
Me:  How about water?
Ian:  Ok!
 Sabrina loves a good science experiment
And of course the long days call for a little crafting.
We attempted a walk to justify all of our hot chocolate intake, which promptly ended in an Ian faceplant 
 I so won that snowball fight but lost the argument for implants
Pulling out the big guns tools with daddy
Desperate times
Today we rallied into non-flannel and journeyed far and wide walked over 2 houses for the cutest 3 year old ever's birthday party.  Chocolate pancakes with ice cream for breakfast + crafts + the Frozen soundtrack on repeat = a rockin good time had by all.  Happy birthday sweetie pie!
Kat & the gang
So if you would have told me a week ago that I would be I would be intimately involved with the details of olympic athletes or that I would even know what an event called the skeleton was, or that I would have sewn an actual dress with my daughter and had time to organize my craft box I would have given you my crazy look (see above photo).  Thankfully I am not one to easily dismiss the joys of a five day hibernation.  Maybe ask me again if this is still the case a week from now, but these wonky rhythms are right up my heated-down-comforter-and-no-alarm-clock alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment