Thursday, July 25, 2013

Monterey

When Ben found out we were going to be holed up in a hotel in Oakland for a week to be closer to his grandma he quickly maneuvered the family oceanside and found a house on Pebble Beach.  Because obviously when your 101 years old all you want to do is play golf.  I didn't know much about it but was pleasantly surprised each day by the beauty there.  At any given turn you could pull the car over and see seals and otters playing or climbing on rocks.  We also discovered great food, crazy tidepools, that a preschooler and a centenarian share many similarities, and to always remember your sweatshirt.
I think my favorite memory was waking up to Ian saying, "that yady in the kitchen took my doggy byanket." And walking in to great grandma eating cookies at 7 am with Ian's blanket over her head.  And then grandma asking dad who I was and thanking me for letting her stay at my house.  I am pretty sure she was wondering why this white girl was following them around for four days.  Good times.
Group shot at the house
Boardwalk lovin
Exploring the tidepools






Out of all our adventures the final consensus was that the Monterey aquarium took the cake and then threw the cake in all the other aquariums faces.













This is what we like to call, aquarium burnout
I think this place will definitely have to make it into future California road trip rotations.

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous pictures, every last one! We have been wanting to make it up to the aquarium for ages. #someday

    ReplyDelete