Some days the only thing I'm sure of is my Clorox Bleach Pen. That girl gets me.
I'm pretty sure my breaking point is going to be packing Ava's lunchbox this week. If I have to wash those tupperware one more time I'm going to lose it. I swear Hello Kitty is mocking me every time I make another peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
"Really? Again?"
And then Ben's all, "We have way too much baby stuff. Let's have a garage sale this weekend." And I'm like, "Yes please. Because what I really needed this week was to emotionally commit to being done having children." The garage sale is on...I'll keep you posted on my marriage. Lil'Man update:
In a surprise addition to his superman/spiderman/captain america/pirate/monster truck obsession, Ian has fallen hard for Beverly Cleary. Specifically, Henry Huggins. We have to listen to the cd's in the car on repeat and then before bed I get to hear the three year old interpretation. Unfortunately Henry uses a bit of colorful language and we've had to curb the "dumbs" and "stupids" with threats of removing specific pj's. It's a bizarre world I live in.
I was especially proud when we were at a fancy restaurant and the manager came over to say, "I love your shirt! Is that spiderman?" To which Ian replied with lifted eyebrows,
"None. Of. Your. Beeswax."
Whew, I wasn't sure whether to laugh at his use of the phrase appropriately or be horrified at his bad manners. Oh, that Beverly Cleary. She is still rockin the boat sixty years later.
Here he is listening to the new installment on the cd player. For a straight hour.
So, I'm thankful that the finish line is in sight even if we're crawling towards it. I know all the life that's been wound tight around us will start to loosen its grip. I can already see the sweet hugs of cousins reunited, taste the freshly picked blueberries and hear the roller coaster squeals. I can feel the sand through my fingers and smell the chlorine dripping off the line. The spring breeze is fantastic but I'll take the dog days every. single. time.

Love it. I hope I get to see you guys when I'm home in a little over a week. :)
ReplyDelete