Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter

Easter morning kind of feels like a lifetime ago but the joy still feels tangible and the sound of He is Risen still rings in my ears so I think a little documentation might be in order.  
All the kids bring balloons in from their classes at church and it is sheer beautiful chaos.  
 photo balloons_zps0dbc89aa.jpg
Family self take.
 photo P3312178_zps292ffbeb.jpg
Ian's going through a bit of a photo phase.
 photo P3312185_zps3d403454.jpg
And another one.
 photo P3312187_zps10d6b836.jpg
It was a beautiful day for an egg hunt.
 photo P3312189_zps16f076f0.jpg
I don't even want to think about how much candy he ate.
 photo P3312191_zps36cfd08d.jpg
We did not make it easy on the bigs.  They have to work for their chocolate.
 photo P3312192_zps8c87656d.jpg
With 16 of our lovies over for lunch it was a full house.  But it's the only official holiday I host and I love pulling out my china and having all of us sit around the table and sing the doxology before we eat. I look forward to it all year.
 photo P3312193_zps1d6d2951.jpg
Look who found the golden egg!
 photo P3312198_zps362df2f8.jpg
I wish I had a pic of all of us sitting around the table but we were just having too much fun to stop for pictures.  Within half an hour of finishing lunch half the posse was asleep in the living room.  I'm going to go ahead and blame it on the cheesecake.  You know its a good day when the sun shines, every door opens with "He is risen indeed!", your house fills with the sounds of five littles getting into mischief, and you put half your guests into a food coma.

1 comment: