Thursday, March 28, 2013

flight of fancy

We opted for another stay-cation this year and have been livin it up like it was 2002 hey it was a good year.  To be honest I was too tired with school and work to even pretend to have a plan for our 9 days together.  But it turns out that's exactly what I needed.  It has been a week of whims and I'm kind of addicted to it.  Yesterday when Ben asked me if I wanted to go on a hike I literally rolled my eyes and said in my whiniest voice, "Do I have to decide now?!"  Maybe I want to clean the fridge, maybe I want to go for a walk, maybe let's eat frozen yogurt for dinner and go see a movie, or maybe let's hop on the train and turn every random corner ok, there's a chance I steered us in the direction of the Anthropologie clearance section, that sparkles with adventure and smells of cinnamon rolls.  Um, I'll take one of each please.

 photo P3272086_zps541870f2.jpg
Ava agreed to only speak in spanish with me all the way downtown. She suggested I ask for Rosetta stone for my birthday.
 photo P3272085_zpsc8337ea4.jpg
We hit up our favorite DDD digs and ordered four greasy cheeseburgers.
 photo 06ec1905-d52a-430a-b824-1fbfb8a2cc2b_zpsf1bf3197.jpg
Hawaiian sunset soda
 photo P3272107_zps2cf4fa95.jpg
Daddy's girl
 photo P3272127_zps67b8f902.jpg
Shakin our sillies out at Finnegans
 photo P3272123_zps80df7d5a.jpg
Boy loves him some train table
 photo P3272116_zps46616dda.jpg
No city stop is complete without a little Powell's books
 photo P3272103_zpsb9bfb850.jpg
Someone swiped my mocha and now declares herself a coffee lover.
 photo P3272105_zps6bcb665e.jpg
City park fun
 photo P3272101_zpsd5a9850b.jpg
 photo P3272094_zpsde78ddd6.jpg
Oh spring break.  You had me on day one when I realized it was 9am and I was still in bed while Ben fed the kids cereal.  I know this is only a fling but I love you anyway.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. May we continue the roll next week? It can be me feeding the kiddos cereal (or taking Ava to school?) while you are curled up in bed until 9. Here's to more whims!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, as far as I'm concerned Spring Break doesn't end until you leave. One more day! I can't wait to hug you and wrangle our wild brood around Portland.

    ReplyDelete