Friday, November 9, 2012

stirring desperation into a double shot mocha

Well we are currently on day five of our annual reactive airway disease conference and mama's about two sleep deprived nights away from throwing in the towel.  Our keynote speaker has demonstrated mad skills in uncontrollable coughing fits, germ distribution, and how to maintain a fever for an entire week.  She's become such an expert that all the blood vessels in her cheeks burst, causing her to fake a case of the chicken pox.  I'm pretty sure we hit rock bottom this morning as they were both sitting six inches from the tv watching their third hour of the Disney Channel and eating Lucky Charms from the box.  
The icing on this mucus filled cake is that Ben leaves for his guys weekend to southern california for a full four days.  I had a dream that all of his college friends were giving me a pedicure and asking me if I wanted them to book me a massage at the spa in Palm Springs.  Is that weird?  

But in honor of this month of thanksgiving, I would like to say that I am thankful for my parents, who always allow me to show up on their doorstep with a tear stained face and a giant suitcase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment