Monday, November 21, 2011

Expanding Vocabulary

Ava's been learning so many new words lately and I keep reminding myself to write them all down so I won't forget this stage. Here's a few examples:

Ava: Mommy, I am sooooo hungry. You better play a game with me so I can be extracted from eating. (Pretty sure she meant distracted on that one)

Ava: (In a sing-song voice) I'm floating in the tub, I'm floating in the tub, high-ho the dairy-oh, I have buoyancy in the tub. (I'm not joking)

Ava: Grandpa, why is that praying mantis green?
Grandpa: Well Ava, you see when animals try to blend into something they try to be the same color as what they're trying to blend into. That way it can hide and protect itself.
Ava: (In a condecending tone) Grandpa, do you mean that it's camouflaged?

(While the two of us were sitting on the couch snuggling,)
Ava: Mommy, you are too close to me. I'm being squished like a molecule!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment