Thursday, February 3, 2011

snapshots


Well, life has been an exercise in the mundane these last few weeks. I guess that's just how February and March always feel. The excitement of the holidays has worn off and the desire for nesting is fading but still necessary given the weather's command to hibernate. I find my thoughts wandering between these two scenarios
and
Life is all about home right now. The routine of work, grocery shopping, cleaning the house, cleaning the baby
cleaning the highchair
cleaning the baby and the highchair
bath
after bath
after bath
When I get a little restless, Ben hugs me a little more often and reminds me that life is good. A job, a nice warm home, family who loves and spoils us, two beautiful healthy kids who smell like baby shampoo and give fish kisses, and a God who we can depend on to fill us up and give us grace when we don't deserve it. So I am choosing to be thankful today for the little and the big things and all the things in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment