Last Wednesday we thought Ben had pink eye so he got a sub for Thursday, and then when he woke up it was pretty much gone. So we took advantage of our free day and the sun and headed downtown. First we went to the park by the rose garden and let Ava run free and coat herself in the mud (thankful for reversible jackets.)
Then we headed to this really fun part of the city that we don't know anything about and found a great second hand children's store. We also wanted to try out the food carts, which are a quirky Portland thing, so we walked down and found them in a small parking lot. I have been craving New Mexican food and there's supposed to be this really good cart that's run by the drummer of the Shins who's from there, and his Grandma taught him how to cook. Mostly I wanted sopapillas but the other items on the menu also looked amazing. Unfortunately he was taking too long to open his cart and the other one's smelled so good that I caved for a pizza, rice bowl, and chocolate shake. It was so fun and all the food was really good so I think it will be a fun area to get to know better.
After that we went to Pioneer Square (a Portland staple) and let Ava run around. Then we took the free train up to Finegans toy store and ended with a Pomegranate lemonade from Nordstroms. Ava skipped her nap and Ian was a trooper the whole day. It was so good to have unexpected family time. I can't wait to have Ben home for the summer and have more days like these.

No comments:
Post a Comment